Monday, February 29, 2016

Oscars 2016: Best and Worst Dressed

The Oscars come and go way TOO fast. I wait all year long for this and then boom, it's over in a flash! There's nothing I love more than watching the red carpet and watching the stars walk down it all dolled up in pretty gowns and dapper tuxes. This year did not disappoint for me, but as always, some hits and misses. Here are my thoughts on my Best and Worst Dressed!

My Best Dressed:


Seriously, Chrissy Teigen is killing pregnancy style (wearing Marchesa above). #goals Oh, and I love John Legend and them as a couple.


This gold plunging gown (I believe it's Tom Ford) on Margot Robbie gives me the feels. I die.


Alicia Vikander in custom Louis Vuitton. While some people are not a fan of the bubble hem, I love everything about this -- starting at the half-up top knot and down to the shoes. This girl looks killer.


Jennifer Lawrence looks lovely in lace! This Dior gown is so gorg! 


Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein. LOVE everything about this.


Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad. This dress is a stunner. 


Naomi Watts in Armani Prive - I die. This woman can do NO wrong (especially while wearing Armani!)


I'm torn with this look on Olivia Wilde (wearing Valentino). On one hand, I love the dress. On the other hand, I want to rip that choker off of her and throw it off a building. It just doesn't go with this dress at all and is quite an eyesore. WHYYY. 


Julianna Moore in Chanel -- love love love.  She is always a class act.


Another emerald green beauty on Rachel McAdams. Stunner. 


Charlize Theron always kills it. That plunge. The necklace. AH so good. 


I know this is quite the shake-up, but I freaking love it. This jumpsuit is super elegant -- Lady Gaga looks amazing. 


Cate Blanchett in Armani -- LOVE this color! 

Worst Dressed: 


Heidi Klum in Marchesa. This dress looks like it belongs hanging in Katherine Hiegel's closet in 27 Dresses. I think it's the flowers that really do it for me -- TAKE THEM OFF. Who am I kidding, I really don't like anything about this. 


Rooney Mara in Givenchy. 



Am I crazy for not liking this?? I feel bad putting Brie Larson (wearing Gucci) on my Worst Dressed list, but I seriously HATE this dress. I wore a similar dress to a high school dance -- NOT Oscar worthy! I do like this color though... 


Mindy Kaling. I'm just kinda blah about this one. But I do like her hair and make-up!


Sorry Sofia, you are gorgeous but this Marchesa dress is not. I give her props for not wearing her go-to mermaid style, BUT this reminds me of a Mother of the Bride dress! 


ughhh Kerry WHYYYY (wearing Versace).  This is way too dominatrix-y... 


Pharrell, WHY can't you wear normal pants (last year he wear shorts)....


I literally hate this. I just cannot. Amy... you can do better. 


Kate Winslet in Ralph Lauren. I am just very confused by this dress. What is the material?? Her hair and make-up look great, though!  


**all photos via Vogue and WhoWhatWear 

1 comment:

  1. Your 27 dresses Heidi Klum comment is SO spot on :-) too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete