Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Oh Canada!

As you're reading this, I'm on my way down to D.C. for a work trip, but wanted to throw together a quick recap of our 36 hours in Montreal! Thankfully Montreal is driving distance away from Boston (about 5.5 - 6 hours) so we loaded up the car and drove up on Saturday. I took a pit stop in Burlington, VT to pick up the hubs (he was there for a work trip). 


Treated myself to a facial before I left and it was the best thing ever. I forgot how much I love those! 


Also made a quick Whole Foods trip to grab some snacks for the trip and couldn't resist taking a snap of these gorgeous roses.


Killing time before my facial at TJ Maxx. I REALLY wanted those Sam Edelman shoes but was good and put them back on the shelf. 

Outfit details:
Fisherman sweater: little shop in Portsmouth, NH (this is a men's sweater and you can find a similar one here) // Faux Fur Vest: TopShop (no longer available) // Leggings: Lululemon // Sneakers: Nike (super old, more Nike sneakers here) // Sunglasses: Karen Walker // Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

By the time we got up to Montreal it was just after dinner time. Sad to say we were SO tired we had a quick bite to eat at the hotel and went straight to bed hah 


Woke up early on Sunday and got ready for our day (Valentine's Day!). It was a balmy -15 degrees (without windchill) outside so basically I wore every layer I could possibly think of! 

Outfit details:
Turtleneck: J. Crew // Sweater: Chicwish (old, similar here) // Pants: Loft // Booties: UGG (no longer available, other wedge options here)


I dragged the hubs to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts first thing (I told him it was a great way to escape the polar vortex outside!) and it was so lovely.  We walked through Pompeii Exhibit and it was SO fascinating. At this point. the hubs was hooked because he loves history (phew). I highly recommend it for anyone who lives in the area or is traveling to the city! 



A few of the modern art pieces on display. 


Outside of the museum were these pretty heart statues, which seemed super fitting as it was Valentine's Day. 


Thankfully he didn't complain too much about snapping a pic in the frigid temps - we needed at least one! 



#cabselfie




I changed into a different sweater and blouse for a yummy steak dinner at Gibby's, our favorite restaurant to go to while in Montreal. 

Outfit details:

Sweater: Old Navy // Blouse: Banana Republic (old, other BR blouses here) // Pants: Loft // Booties: UGG 


Another bundled up look for our last day in the city. It was slightly warmer that day (only -2 degrees!) so I ditched the sweaters and layered up in two striped turtlenecks. 

Navy & White Turtleneck: J. Crew (similar) // Grey & White Turtleneck: Loft (on super sale!) // Pants: J. Brand Jeans // Boots: UGG 


Strangely enough, an old friend from home was also in Montreal the same weekend and staying only a few blocks away from our hotel. We grabbed coffee at the CUTEST cafe (seriously, I'm obsessed, as demonstrated by the below pics), Cafe Tommy, and caught up for a bit before we headed our separate ways! 




Yes, those are hanging roses you see. 


After coffee, we walked back and to the hotel and headed home. 

It was such a nice get-away, even if it was only for 36 hours :) 

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Xo, MacKenzie 


No comments:

Post a Comment