Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Photo Diary: Killington, VT

To me, one of the best parts about living in New England is that anywhere in the area is within a driving distance! I love that we are able to get up and take a day trip to Maine, Rhode Island, or Cape Cod -- wherever suits our fancy! On Monday, both the hubs and I had Columbus Day off, and with the temperature expected to be in the mid-70's (!!), I knew it was going to be a day spent outside. 

We got up, got dressed, grabbed coffee, and got in the car with no actual destination in mind. All I knew was that I wanted to go somewhere where the foliage was in full bloom (it hasn't fully hit our area outside of Boston yet!). So, with that, we started driving out towards western Mass. 

About an hour into our drive, the hubs looked over at me and asked if I wanted to go up to Killington, VT, to which I said, "Yes, let's go!" 



We stopped at the Vermont Country Store on our way to Killington and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures while we were there. The charm of Fall was present everywhere!



Can't even get over how beautiful of a day it was! #sunnyand75forreal


When we arrived at Killington Mountain Resort, the first thing we did was ride the Beast Coaster! It was seriously SO fun, I cannot recommend it enough. Here a few snaps I took while riding up the mountain (before I actually had to steer the coaster down the mountain!). 







After riding the Beast, we hopped back into the car and drove up the road to ride the gondolas to the top of the mountain! The views were absolutely breathtaking! 


Views for days... literally! 








We had such a great day and I'm wishing we could have stayed longer! 

Xo, MacKenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment