Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Instagram Roundup & NYC Photo Diary

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's been a busy two weeks over here so I figured a little round up was in order. I recently got back from a weekend in NYC visiting my sister and some friends. It was an absolute blast, but boy am I tired!


Zara lace-up flats (similar version here. They just released a leopard version of these that I may have to get it!)


Ivanka Trump Fringe Booties // American Eagle jeans // J. Crew Striped Turtleneck // BaubleBar tassel necklace (no longer available)


BB Dakota Jacket (old, newer versions here) // Zara Scarf (last season, more options here) // Lush Blouse via Nordstrom // American Eagle jeans (SO comfy!!) // Dolce Vita booties // Nordstrom fringe tote (no longer available, but similar options here)


Nordstrom sweater // J. Crew Factory flares // Kendra Scott necklace via Rocksbox 


J. Crew Blazer // J. Crew Factory Striped Shirt // J. Crew Factory Flares // Michael Kors watch (on sale!) // David Yurman bracelet // Madewell Bracelet 


Beautiful Fall foliage from around our neighborhood!


J. Crew Factory striped top // American Eagle jeans (on sale!) // Target mules (no longer available) // Nordstrom Fringe tote // Karen Walker sunnies


BaubleBar necklace (old) // Target turtleneck // J. Crew Skirt (sold out online) // Zara metallic flats 


Banana Republic turtleneck sweater // Zara skirt (old) // Gilt shoes 


Little details from my parent's living room mantle.


J. Crew poncho (super old) // Target Belt // American Eagle jeans // Zara heels 



I wore the above outfit to travel down to NYC last Friday! I drove from Boston to New Haven, CT and then took the commuter rail (Metro-North) into the city from there. I love traveling this way as it's much more affordable than taking an Amtrak train! 


Oh how I love Grand Central Station! It was quite the hustle & bustle there on Friday evening when I arrived. 


My sister and I met two of my friends for dinner at The Hillstone and then headed over to 230 Fifth for a nightcap (or two). The above photo is the view from their rooftop bar. Last time I was there was the night Kyle proposed and we all went out to celebrate!


On Saturday morning, we woke up and headed to my favorite brunch spot, Maison Kayser, so some yummy food and much needed coffee. There are a few locations throughout Manhattan and I cannot recommend it enough! We then decided to just walk up Fifth Ave and see where the day took us. We popped in the St. Patrick's Cathedral during our walk and I'm always stunned by how grande and beautiful it is. I haven't been back to NYC since the renovations on the outside were completed and boy oh boy is it as beautiful as ever! Fun Fact: Our grandparents were married in this church back in the early 50's (when that was still an option)! 


We popped into the Polo store and I HAD to get another coffee at Ralph's. I've been dying to go there forever. It is seriously the cutest place. 


My newest bag (smaller version here) that I snatched up during Rebecca Minkoff's Friends and Family Sale! I'm seriously so in love with this bag. The black on black is to die for and super chic. Love love love. I'm also seriously obsessed with these two new styles that were recently released - this saddle bag (which comes in a variety of colors and sizes) and this drawstring bag (comes in three colors!). 



We kept walking up Fifth Avenue and decided a stroll through Central Park was a must (and is also one of my favorite things to do while in NYC). 


Outfit details




We stumbled upon Belvedere Castle during our walk and I was SO excited, as this is where Kyle proposed almost two years ago (that story can be found here)! I haven't been back to this spot since and it's just so so beautiful (and looks totally different when it's not covered in snow!).  


After walking through the park, we ended up at the Met and took some time to just stroll through the European Paints and Impressionism sections (my favorite!!). 

On Saturday night, we went out for a late dinner and then out to a couple bars on the Lower East Side.  We had so much fun, but I'm pretty sure I'm still recovering (HA!). 

Hope you all have a great day!

Xo, MacKenzie

**all photos shared via Instagram. Make sure to follow along with me (@mackenziehaley) if you're not already! 


No comments:

Post a Comment