Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekly Recap: Trips to Denver and Rochester

Happy Monday! Last week was a CRAZY week filled with traveling! I was in Denver for half the week for a work offsite and then road tripped up to Rochester, NY to visit my best friend for the weekend!

I wore the below dress to work on Monday. I bought this at Primark (for only $18!!!) and I absolutely love it! It's super comfy and is a great color for Fall and Winter. I also love the belt (helps gives me some shape!) AND it comes with a slip built in underneath (thank goodness). 

Dress: Primark // Shoes: Gilt 


I flew out to Denver, CO first thing Tuesday morning and wore the below for the trip. I always wear pants when I travel on planes... something about bare legs on airplane seats really irks me out! 

Outfit details| Jacket: J. Crew (similar here) // Blouse: Nordstrom (can't find this color online anymore, but more colors are available // Jeans and Shoes: Target


This was my first time in Denver and I must say it is a beautiful city!! The views of the Rockies are simply breath taking! We started off with a group scavenger hunt around the city, which was a blast and gave us the opportunity to walk around and explore.


On Wednesday, we did a full day of work-related content and then headed out to  Red Rocks Amphitheater for some tailgating and a concert. This place is by far the COOLEST concert venue I have ever been. It is literally built into the red rocks! But wow, it is QUITE the hike to get up to the theater. I was definitely not  dressed appropriately! 


Outfit details|  Top: Theory (via Nordstrom Rack) // Jeans: J. Brand // Shoes: Sam Edelman 


Outfit Details| Bag: ASOS (this color is no longer available, but a different color available here) // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: Madewell (currently 30% off!), David Yurman






Thursday was our last day in Denver. We had more meetings and such in the morning, then headed out for a quick bite before heading to the airport. I changed into the below outfit before checking out so that I would be comfy for the flight back to Boston. Comfort is key when traveling, especially when your plan lands at Midnight! 

Outfit details| Sweater and leggings: Target // Shoes: Keds // Bag: Annabel Ingall (via Bloomingdales) // Headband: J. Crew 


Prettiest view I snapped during take off! 


I didn't get home until 2 am on Friday morning (insert sad face emoji) and had to get up by 6 to shower and (sorta) re-pack for my trip to Rochester! I may be smiling in this picture, but I was dying inside (SO TIRED). 

Outfit details| Shirt: J. Crew (old, but similar here) // Vest: Old Navy (old, but other military style outerwear here)  // Jeans: Madewell // Shoes: J. Crew  // Bag: Nordstrom 


Made it to Rochester and we went out for Mexican and then went back to her apartment to watch and a movie and go to bed early! Then got up on Saturday, enjoyed breakfast at Jine's Restaurant and spent the day doing what we do best, shopping! 

After 5 hours at the mall (this is no joke people), we changed and got ready for dinner and drinks. I wore the below outfit out, as it was quite rainy and the temperature dropped like crazy!

Outfit details| Top: Nordstrom (same as above, but in white) // Jeans: J. Brand // Shoes: Vince Camuto (via Nordstrom Rack, old) // Monogram Necklace: BaubleBar // Earrings: Rebecca Minkoff (via TJ Maxx)


We went to dinner at Trata and had the best burgers ever! Also, I'm obsessed with the light fixtures they had installed there. 



After a delicious dinner, we headed to Good Luck for a little night cap. Another place with such a great atmosphere! When we pulled into the parking lot, the first thing I noticed was the below Stop sign and couldn't resist taking a snap of it. The real question here is why would anyone want to stop being fancy?!



After a much needed coffee and bagel run on Sunday morning, we headed to the CUTEST shop, Parkleigh. I pretty much could have bought the whole store. But this mural was painted on the side of their parking lot and I couldn't resist taking a picture with it!


Parkleigh had a crazy awesome selection of Ban.do goodies and it took all of my power to not buy it all. Seriously. I did end up purchasing a beautiful pearl necklace and this is super comfy long white vest from the shop. I can't wait to wear them both!


I had such a fun week, but man, am I tired. Now, another Monday is here and another work week begins. Hope you have a great week!

Xo, MacKenzie 


No comments:

Post a Comment