Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Wedding Recap Part 2: The Details



Valentino Rockstud flats (purchased on Farfetch)





Something Borrowed - my mom's beautiful citrine and diamond cocktail ring 
// 
Something Old - my grandmother's wedding band that my mom handed down to me. It's so special to me as my grandmother is no longer with us. I wear it everyday in between my wedding band and engagement ring. 





My Something Blue was this amazing Kate Spade book clutch  



I couldn't have loved my girl's dresses anymore! We bought them at a variety of department stores last spring (best time to buy was during prom season because there's a wide variety of dresses available!). 

My dress is by Amsale (the "Dahlia" gown). This was probably the 12th dress I had tried on and as soon as the nice sales woman helped me into it, I immediately had butterflies in my stomach and started to cry. That feeling of just knowing was so true for me! It was the perfect mix of classic and still a bit fashion forward. I'm always super drawn to texture so the bottom of this dress was pretty perfect for me, as it really added a punch without needing any embellishments. I did add a little beading to the dress to better define my waist though. I did this by purchasing two belts (the beading was amazing but the actual belt itself was this awful elastic material) and having the beading removed from the original belt and sewn onto the sash of my dress. It all came together so perfectly! 



I wore Oscar de la Renta tassel earrings for the big day and then switched into these cutesy Kate Spade "Mrs" earrings during the reception (my earlobes were killing me by this point!!) that one of my bridesmaids gave me! 


My gorgeous peony bouquet. 




Kyle gave all of his groomsmen customize hockey sticks. 






Xo, MacKenzie


All photography by the amazing Ruth Eileen Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment