Monday, June 15, 2015

Wedding Recap Part 1


Our wedding was the best day ever! Now I know every couple says that, but it's definitely fair to say that it is truly your best day ever. How often do you get all dolled up and have your closest friends and family surrounding you as you vow to love, honor, and cherish your other half? The answer: only once (most of the time hah)! 

As I look through all of our photos, it's evident that we couldn't stop smiling the whole day. I can't even tell you how many pictures we have of me with the cheesiest, biggest grin on my face where my eyes disappear from getting all squinty and my mouth is just full on out there for the world to see. While this doesn't always relay to the greatest pictures, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can say I've never been happier in my entire life. I love Kyle more than anything in this world and am just so excited to be his wife! 

I can't wait to share more pictures with you guys from our big day! Be sure to check back in the next couple of days for more photos of the venue, decor, and little details! 


As you can probably tell from these photos, the fog rolled in BIG TIME and just decided to stick around. The harbor and Newport Bridge are directly behind us and you can't even tell!! While the fog was seriously an unfortunate situation for my hair - hello, frizz and bye bye curls :( :( - it did make for some seriously romantic and mysterious pictures! Since the fog was so bad, all the boats in the harbor couldn't see anything either and they kept blowing their foghorns! It was kind of hysterical because at anytime during the ceremony when it was starting to get all sappy and serious (i.e. MY VOWS!!!), the foghorns kept going off! All we could do was laugh about it - it was truly hilarious (hence our reactions in the above picture) and a memory I'll treasure forever. Every time any of us hears a foghorn now, we'll be thrown back to this moment in time and that is really something special. 










We were SO SO SO lucky to have Ruthie (from Ruth Eileen Photography) as our wedding photographer. Not only is she amazing at her craft (hello, look at these pictures!!!), but she is one of the kindest and friendliest person I've ever met! If you're in the market for a wedding photographer (or just a photographer in general), I can't recommend her enough! 

Xo, MacKenzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment