Monday, June 1, 2015

Honeymoonin in Aruba

Two days after the wedding we jetted off to Aruba! We vacationed there a few years ago, so when we decided, very last minute -- I'm talking 3 weeks before the wedding, last minute -- to book a honeymoon, Aruba was an easy choice! 


We stayed at the Aruba Marriot Resort (also stayed here during the last trip)! It's AMAZING there and I couldn't recommend it more. The above picture is the view from our balcony. Not too shabby, huh?! The resort itself is actually made of three separate hotels, but you can use all of the amenities, no matter what part you are staying in! It's also super close (walking distance) to the main part of town that offers great shopping and restaurants!


As soon as we checked-in, we ran up to our room, changed into our bathing suits, headed to the beach and immediately ordered some fruity drinks (of course). My go-to was the Tropical Passion (on the left), which consists of strawberry, banana, rum, and melon liqueur (yum!).  



First night's #ootn! Can't get enough of this Anthropologie jumpsuit I bought years ago! 



Showing off our new accessories :) Beach cover-up: Lilly Pulitzer x Target


Sunset on the beach


Dress: Lord & Taylor (old) // Shoes: Jack Rogers // Bag: ASOS // Watch: Michael Kors


Most amazing maxi dress I found in a tiny surf shop while there.


My hair permanently stayed in a top knot the whole trip. The weather was just not cooperating with my curly hair! 


Shoes: Target // Clutch: Lilly Pulitzer x Target


New obsession? One piece bathing suits. Never thought I would speak those words...


If you do venture to Aruba, definitely make sure to head out on the Jolly Pirate for a day - you will not be disappointed! 


Jumpsuit: Lilly Pulitzer x Target 



Love how you can already see my sunburn peeling in this picture. #irishgirlproblems

I'm really missing that island life right about now! Need to plan another vaca asap. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Xo, MacKenzie 



2 comments:

  1. Cutee!! I want to go to Aruba sooo bad!!
    Xo, Belen
    Visit my blog A Hint of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you definitely need to try and make it there - it's so beautiful!!

      Delete