Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Emmy's 2014 Best Dressed


 I am a SUCKER for awards shows! I watched the VMA's on Sunday night (Yonce killed it and Blue Ivy made me cry...) and the Emmy's last night. It's not only the fashion that draws me into these shows, but I am truly a huge movie/TV/music fan, so it's lovely to sit and watch along in hopes that my favorites will win big! 

Last night, red was a BIG theme on the red carpet. So many stunning gowns and beautiful celebs - I just eat it up!!


I think Sarah Hyland knocked it out of the park! This custom Christian Siriano is a perfect balance of youth and elegance. I die. 
Sarah Hyland - Christian Siriano

I am really loving this ombre look on Cat Deely. Ombre is realllyyy tricky to pull off (and no, I won't even go there with Lena Dunham's outfit last night...), but I think this is super elegant, a little edgy, and simply beautiful 

Cat Deeley in Burberry

This Caroline Herrera gown fits Julia like a glove!  

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss in Caroline Herrera 

I love the structure of this Prabal Gurung dress and especially love that January Jones paired it with strappy heels and bold lip! The only thing I don't love is that black stripe at the bodice - WHY is that there?? 
January Jones in Prabal Gurung

Another red dress / red lip combo!

Claire Danes in Givenchy

Simple and elegant - love this! 

Michelle Monaghan in Giambattista Valli Couture

I love this little short number with embellished detail that trails down the backside of the dress.
Kiernan Shipka in Antonio Berardi

I've never met a beaded gown I didn't like!


Taylor Schilling in Zuhair Murad 

I'm sorry, but how gorgeous does Kristen Wig look? The dress is simple and nothing crazy but the make-up and hair are perfect and I think she is the epitome of effortless chic. 

Kristin Wig in Vera Wang

Allison Williams had me at the bow...

Allison Williams in Giambattista Valli 

LOVE Julia Roberts. 
Julia Roberts in Elie Saab 

Kerry Washington can do no wrong in my book! I love this Prada dress and love even more that she went with a bold color. 
Kerry Washington in Prada


Hope you guys enjoyed the show as much as I did!

Xo, MacKenzie











No comments:

Post a Comment