Friday, August 29, 2014

Defining Your Style & What It Means to You

via

Do you guys ever have a hard time defining your own style? I tend to think about this a lot, as I struggle to get this blog up and running where I'd like it to be. I'm an avid blog reader and feel like most of the amazing women I follow have a defined sense of self. They know what they like, what looks good on them, how to make their own self come out with each and every outfit. To be honest, I've been having a very difficult time with this recently. 

I usually think of myself as having a classic style with trendy elements. At the same time, I feel like my personal preference changes a lot. Some days I tend towards a minimalistic outfit with jeans and a Tee. Some days I go my super preppy ways with popped collars, pearls, and Jack Rogers. Some days I wear so many accessories that half way through the day, I have to start disrobing them all as they weigh me down and make that annoying clicking sound against my computer at the office (you know that crazy sound of your 1000 bracelets hitting the desk every time you type a new word). 

I look back on my blog about a year ago and I tend to like my outfits a lot more back then than what I've been recently posting. I still own the same things, but tend to pair things differently. Does that mean I'm walking away from what I think of as me? I am not really sure of any of these answers, but I'm a feeling a bit lost with my style... and myself.

This may all sound dramatic, but my point (long winded to get here, I know) is that I feel my best when I love what I'm wearing. If I don't love what I'm wearing, I'm truthfully quite blah. No one likes to feel blah.  

There is an overwhelming amount of confidence found deep down inside yourself when you wear that one pair of heels that makes you feel like a million bucks or a bold red lipstick that tells the world to "bring it on." I have been seriously lacking this recently. I think a lot of this has to down with work and personal things that have been going on - life has been a bit hectic and I feel like the little things that used to make my day are slipping away. 

Now that Summer is coming to an end, I'm taking the opportunity to start fresh and look on the brighter side. Life is always tough (get a helmet! sorry... had to), which is why being me is so important to getting through it all. So maybe that's finding more time for me, or taking an extra 5 minutes in the morning to really think about my outfit and what is going to make me feel like I'm ready for anything! 

Ok... enough with my b**ching! It's Labor Day Weekend (holy crap!) and we have three days off from work (yippee!). I hope you all have a fantastic long weekend and that you take the time to relax, enjoy life, and the people in it that make you keep chugging along! 

Xo, MacKenzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment