Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Elements of Glow

found via Tumblr


When I stumbled upon this picture while browsing my Tumblr feed, I literally stopped dead in my tracks. I read this list and my first thought was wow, that's incredible and so true. My afterthought was holy crap, I really need to do more of these. Living a healthy life is crucial in having that "glow" we're all looking for. A glow that says to the world "Hey, I'm happy, healthy, and at peace with the person I am:. 

Now it's definitely difficult to be all of these fourteen things, especially at once (this IS real life we're talking about!), but even if you are able to incorporate maybe a combination of a few of these things into one day, your glow will be with you all the time. 

There are a few things on this list that I know I need to work more on making a priority in my day to day life. #2 is definitely one of them - it's not for lack of trying, but my sleep has been less and less and more restless the past few months (and its killing me!). I contribute this a lot to stress and anxiety - maybe more effort towards #5 and #10 (slim chance this happens as I'm the definition of a #worrywart) could help with this?  Maybe learning to meditate in some form or another would help ease my worry and allow me to sleep.. something to think about! I know I could definitelyyy use more exercise too. I've been trying to make more of an effort to do this (hell I have a wedding dress I need to look damn good in next year!), but after long work days, it's hard to get motivated. I know i know.. #excusesexcuses. 

Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be working on making myself more of a priority! Do you find that you struggle with any of these elements that give you that "glow"? I would love to hear from you guys!

Xo, MacKenzie


2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I need to work on #10 a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list and a reminder of things we need to do more! 12 is something I definitely could improve on; I feel like I'm always running 100 miles an hour!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete