Monday, March 3, 2014

Best Dressed | Oscars 2014

Happy Monday all! I'm sorry I've been MIA this past week, I had some family things to attend to, but I'm back and ready to get my blogging on.

And what perfect timing... as the Oscars were on last night and it's probably one of my favorite nights of the year. I could watch red carpet coverage all day long and just tweet my heart away about all the details... yeah, sorry, I'm one of those people.

A major trend on the carpet last night was pastels/nude/blush with a few stars also taking on dark and bolder colors. I will say, overall, I was pretty impressed with most of the fashion last night, but then again, it takes a lot to disappoint me! Let's take a peak at some of my favorites.


Lupita in this custom "Nairobi Blue" Prada gown was stunning. Definitely my best dressed of the night! She knows what she likes and what looks good on her, and she's not afraid to wear different colors and shapes. I freaking love her! Plus, can we just discuss this headband? She is simply perfection. Also, if you haven't seen this, I highly suggest you click and enjoy!



J Law in this beautiful red Dior Haute Couture gown. Does she not just radiate elegance? Her hair is perfect and I love that she went with another back-draped necklace.



Chrissy Teigen in this Monique Lhuillier gown (w/ pockets!!) is a breath of fresh air and I believe one of the only ones to wear florals on the red carpet. She looks effortless and gorgeous.



Charlize Theron is killing it in this Dior Haute Couture dress with illusion straps and sheer paneling. I can't even deal. This dress fits her like a glove and is simply stunning.



Cate Blanchett knocks it out of the park, per usual, in this Armani Prive gown that truly has the most gorgeous embroidery detail I have ever seen. Not to mention those earrings are the perfect accessory to partner with this gown. This leading lady came to win! 


Oh hey, Kate Hudson, here you come out of nowhere and blind us with your beauty on the red carpet! This Versace dress is breath taking and her entire look screams Hollywood Glam. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.


Sandra Bullock looks amazing in this navy Alexander McQueen gown and side-swept hair! The fit is perfect and the draping in the front is just enough to add some soft glam to the dress. I think she looks so beautiful!


Naomi Watts never disappoints on the red carpet. I love her in this white beaded Calvin Klein gown and the necklace adds a little edge to this overall soft look. 


And for my two favorite pregnant ladies on the red carpet,  Olivia Wilde and Kerry Washington, were gorgeous and glowing last night. Olivia wearing Valentino and Kerry wearing Jason Wu, these two dressed their cute bumps perfectly. Both looked elegant and so chic, and were probably making every pregnant lady out there wishing they could look like this so far into pregnancy. What is their secret?!?

 


[all images via WhoWhatWear]

2 comments:

  1. Wow all my favorite actress are on the page, this Oscar really very entertaining mostly the Jennifer Lawrence tripping at the awards two years in a row!
    Unforgettable Moments at Oscars 2014


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how she is so graceful when she falls! hah

      Xo, MacKenzie

      Delete