Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BIG NEWS

You guys... the most magical thing happened over the weekend. WE GOT ENGAGED!!!!


I was SO surprised, I had no idea this was coming, which I find pretty impressive as we've been dating for almost 9 years and live together in a teeny tiny apartment!

 [ This is my "OMG IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING" face?! ]

How'd he do it? Well, I will certainly tell you since I (obvi) love telling the story! 

I went down to NYC for a "girls weekend" with some of my besties, for what I thought was going to be a weekend of eating, drinking, pampering, and catching up. Don't worry, all of those things happened, but little did I know that they were ALL IN on the proposal and had been planning with Kyle for weeks! After brunch at Revel, blowouts at Blo, and much needed manis, we headed to Central Park to meet up with one of bestie's friends at Belvedere Castle... so I thought. 

As it happened to be snowing out ( <3 ), the Blo bar gave us shower caps (yes... you read that correctly), which we proudly wore on our walk through the park because every lady knows you #mustprotecttheblowout. 

  
I will admit, I never knew there was a castle in the middle of Central park. It is SO beautiful! As we're walking up to it, all the girls agreed we needed a group pic (sans shower caps, of course). We all lined up to take the picture when all of a sudden, they all disperse and I'm left alone watching the love of my life walk towards me. I was STUNNED. The instant I saw his face, I knew what was about to happen and I literally freaked (in the best way, ever). 


My friends describe the scene as:

"IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING??"
** shakes head and covers face - see pic above **
"YESSSSSS!"
**freak out**
"PUT IT ON, PUT IT ON" 
** finally Kyle is able to place the ring on my finger... proceed to freak out more **
** a lot of hugging and crying and laughing ensues**

THEN... it all clicks. I finally realize he involved my friends in the proposal and they were the reason I was standing in the middle of Central Park, in the snow, being proposed to by my love and I proceed to freak out more. The direct quote out of my mouth was "YOU B**TCHS KNEW THIS WHOLE TIME!"

.... I mean, I actually said that... WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? I guess I start swearing like a sailor when I get excited... #imblamingthering

Thankfully, they all laughed and cried and loved every second of it along with us. It was such a magical day and I still can't believe it happened. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life and now, I get to marry my best friend!! 

HOLY MOLY I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!

... Now to plan the wedding. STAY TUNED! 

Xo, MacKenzie

5 comments:

  1. This post had me both laughing and crying... congrats girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! This is so so so cute xo alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!

    Xx,
    Adalia
    seabreezeandstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your engagement!
    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award check out my blog for more information http://cappuccinosandcouture.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete